The Story Behind Our Competition
The Story of how we evolved from a National Level Tournament to International One
HIGHLIGHTS OF National Moot Court Competition 2018
The three day event began with the inaugural ceremony that was graced with the presence of Mr. G.P. Garg (NISM); Dr. Rajendra Saxena (Vice Chancellor, NMIMS); Senior Prof. Paritosh Basu and Asst. Prof. Sohini Shrivastava (Faculty-in-charge) who addressed the participants about the importance of law and the future of litigation in India. The function concluded with the Chairperson of the event declaring the courts officially open.
The next two days saw rigorous mooting by the participants which was adjudged by some of the most elite names in the legal industry.
The final round was followed by a valedictory ceremony. The valedictory ceremony was graced by the presence of Mr. Kirit P. Mehta, Mr. Shalin Divatia, Dr.Meena Chintamaneni, Mr. Harshal Shah, Mr. Sandip Ghose and Ms. Sohini Shrivastav. The event was also graced by faculties of KPM SOL.
WBNUJS was declared as the winner of the 2 National Moot Court Competition and DES Pune emerged as the runner-up. Niyati Shah from DES Pune won the title of Best Speaker and NUSRL Ranchi won the Best Memorial Prize.
- Winner Team – WBNUJS (Full form need to be placed)
- Runner-up team- DES Pune (Full form need to be placed)
- Best Memorial Award- NUSRL Ranchi
- Best Speaker Award- Niyati Shah from DES Pune
In its 2nd Edition, the NMCC acquired a prominent place in the Moot Calendar and attracted participants from all over India. The competition received a participation from thirty law schools across India with WBNUJS emerging as the final winner and Deccan Society Pune was the 1st Runner up.Through the event, the Moot Court Society of NMIMS Kirit P. Mehta School Of Law provided the participants with a quality experience.The Judges for the Finale were:
1. Mr. Sujit Prasad, Executive Director SEBI
2. Mr. Soummo Biswas, Partner, Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas
3. Mr. Soumitro Majumdar, Partner, J. Sagar Associates
4. Mr. Gaurav Joshi, Senior Counsel, Bombay High Court
5. Mr. Mustafa Motiwala, Partner, Clasis Law